10 Things to Do Instead
When you are thinking:
"No psychiatrist is going to sit and listen to me and then let me leave."
10 Things to Do Instead.
It's my first and strongest, most powerful go to for anything that ails me. Get outside. Feel the breeze. Allow nature to generate new feelings inside your body, mind, thoughts, soul. I have never had a moment I couldn't get through, no matter how traumatic, overpowering, seemingly permanent it seemed to be... LOOK UP AT THE SKY.
GET OUTSIDE and let nature breathe on you. Feel the air. Feel the sun, the snow, the wind, the leaves. Get outside of yourself. Walk, sit, focus on plants, insects, birds, a stream, branches. It's in focusing on the details nature brings. Focus on the ground and in the air, the sound of leaves swaying and gliding into each other then bouncing back to where they naturally sit at ease. Feel the trees.
Water in nature or water in your bathtub. Rivers, waterfalls, the ocean, streams, a trail nearby, a lake. Turn on the faucet. A creek. Go to the store and buy alkaline water and drink it. Take ice out of the frig and put in on your forehead, palms, neck. Cause a shift in thought, a shift in feeling, mood, body temperature. Get out of your head.
Water. Find water.
My favorite pick me up in the car, stuck in traffic, before a meeting, after a conversation, during a trip, anytime you need to get away and can't. BREATHE. DEEP. Hardcore! Breathe deep in and hold. Breathe out deep and hold. Repeat. Do it over and over. FASTER! Don't get light headed. Breathe slower, deeper and hold. Breathe out even slower. It only takes a few seconds.
THERE IS POWER in breathing deep and feeling thankful for anything you can come up with. There are moments in your life, past, present, future that excite you, make you laugh, smile, bend reality. You can do this. That first time you... That last time you... If only I could I would... I will... Think of anything outside of you, your favorite scene in a movie, passing by a stranger and smiling while feeling that omg feeling. Get outside of yourself.
5. Repeat after me: "I AM MEANT FOR MORE. I AM A BADDASS. I WAS PLACED ON THIS EARTH TO MOVE MOUNTAINS AND CHANGE LIVES EVEN IF IT'S JUST MINE. I WILL EMPOWER A STRANGER THAT EMPOWERS ANOTHER STRANGER AND I CANNOT DO THAT IF I AM NOT LIVING AS MY BEST SELF. I AM GOING TO GET ON MY A GAME BECAUSE THE WORLD NEEDS ME."
6. Prepare quotes and have books nearby, that you can reach for, take in, authors you can pull up on your phone. Quotes you repeat to yourself outloud.
7. Let Go. Forgive. Set yourself free from burdens of another's ways, thoughts, actions, situations. Don't take in negativity. Let it go. Don't forget to see what is good and only see the bad. SEE things as they are and better than they are. The FUTURE is OUT THERE.
8. LAUGH. Your laughter is what makes others smile, and enjoy life. Your smile, your laughter helps others begin to move past their own burdens. You are needed in this world. You are a light. SERVE.
9. Encourage another. Compliment another. Say hey to another. Wave and hug another. Listen to another. Move out of your own pain and into another's joy. Move into another's journey. Listen. Be captivated by the life around you. Cheer another on.
10. Look in the mirror and repeat: "I LOVE YOU. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. YOU ARE POWERFUL. THIS DAY IS MINE. THIS DAY IS GOING TO ROCK, BECAUSE I AM IN IT. I AM GORGEOUS. I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE THE WORLD."